As a genuine, trusting and optimistic paramedic, father and friend, Jay lives and works in his native Nova Scotia. Jay is a dad to 3 wonderful boys (Donovan, Nolan and Keiran). Jay’s professional career stretches over 2 decades in Nova Scotia as well a robust list of national and international accomplishments in paramedic advocacy roles. Jay has numerous publications and position statements that have encouraged transformation change in not only Canadian, but also international paramedic communities. His graduate thesis studied the cultural obstacle to transformational change within the paramedic profession which has informed many paramedic leaders in their own professional practise.
- Hubbards paramedic honoured with exemplary service medal: http://www.southshorenow.ca/en/20090908/News/29036/Hubbards-paramedic-honoured-with-exemplary-service-medal.htm
- Paramedic G5 Meeting: http://internationalparamedic.org/About/History
- International Paramedic: http://roguemedic.com/2011/09/international-paramedic/
- Published review: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10903120802706203?journalCode=ipec20
- NS Paramedic Soc. : http://www.paramedicsociety.com/?page_id=523